Few culinary accomplishments are as satisfying as mastering handmade pizza dough. And when you ask, few foods are more comforting than a slice of steaming cheesy pie. So, we talk about pizza dough recipe without yeast South Africa.
But pizza perfection does not require delivery or defrosting, nor does it necessitate an intricate dough recipe requiring hours of proofing.
Pizza Dough Recipe Without Yeast
Yes, there is a recipe for thin and crispy instant pizza dough that contains no yeast and requires no rise time. This straightforward pizza dough can be made in a few minutes for perfect pizzas in a hurry.
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Additional Time: 10 minutes
- Duration: 25 minutes
- Servings: 8
- yield: 112-inch pizza crust
Ingredients Of Pizza Dough Without Yeast
This recipe for pizza dough without yeast requires only five pantry staples:
1. Flour: This pizza crust without yeast begins with all-purpose flour.
2. Baking powder: Without yeast, pizza dough requires baking powder to rise.
3. Salt: A sprinkle of salt intensifies the flavor and fortifies the gluten.
4. Milk: You will need half a cup of fat-free milk.
5. Olive oil: Olive oil seals in moisture and prevents the dough from drying out.
- Place spotless baking trays or sheets inside an oven preheated oven to at least 450F/230C on its highest setting.
- Include the flour in the basin. Create a small well in the center, then pour the salt and tepid water inside.
- After a few seconds of stirring with a spoon, add the olive oil when the dough begins to join together.
- Bring the dough with your fingertips, then place it on a lightly floured work surface. Form the dough into a cylinder by kneading for a few seconds; the dough should be soft and smooth.
- Split the dough into two objects and flatten out into large pizza bases until around ¼ inch (½cm) thick.
- Transfer the pizza bases carefully to the trays, then cover with sauce and desired garnishes. Bake for 15 minutes, until the cheddar is golden, bubbling, and melted, and the crust is golden and brittle.
1. Using cups: When measuring flour using cups, be careful to spoon the flour into the cups and not pack it too tightly.
2. Kneading the dough: Do not over-knead it; knead it just long enough to form a smooth lump.
3. Prepare your baking tray: Before adding the pizza dough, prepare your baking sheet by gently dusting it with semolina or flour. It prevents the pizza from adhering, facilitates removal, and contributes to a crisp base.
4. Less is more: Do not overfill your pizza with toppings and sauce, as it will be too weighty for the thin, crispy crust and may not cook thoroughly.
5. The best pizza sauce to use: Try our Authentic Italian Tomato Sauce for the finest pizza sauce ever.
6. Step-by-step recipe: Remember to view our helpful video and images demonstrating how to prepare this recipe step by step.
Tricks To Make No-Yeast Pizza Dough
- Freeze the pizza dough after it has been rolled and decorated so you can make it whenever you want. Prepare frozen food as usual.
- Add any fresh, dried herb to your dough to enhance its flavor.
- Make a sizeable 12-inch pizza for a family.
- Alternatively, the dough can be divided into smaller portions and rolled into eight-inch pizzas.
How To Use No-yeast Pizza Dough?
- To use your homemade pizza dough without yeast:
- Preheat oven to 400° F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Bake the crust for eight minutes in a preheated oven.
- Add your preferred toppings and bake for 10 to 15 minutes until the outer layer is golden brown.
Can You Make No-Yeast Pizza Dough In Advance?
If you’re pressed for time, you can prepare the no-yeast pizza dough a day in advance. Keep it in the refrigerator in an airtight container. After baking the dough, you can refrigerate it for up to three days.
Making pizza dough without yeast in South Africa is a viable option for those seeking a fast and easy alternative. Using baking powder or self-rising flour, you can achieve a respectable crust. Even though it differs from traditional yeast dough, it still provides a satisfying substrate for toppings.
Thank you for reading……